Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!!


It has been nearly 1 month since I came back to Japan. I haven’t done anything special, but I went to Turuoka Hachimangu, which is a famous Japanese shrine in Kamakura for Hatsumode with my mother during the new year holiday. In fact, this is an annual event in my family.

※Hatsumode is the first visit paid on the New Year holiday to a shrine or temple. People pray for a long life and happiness for the year.

My wish was happiness for all the people who are supporting me! And fortunately, when I picked up Omikuji, I got Daikichi (=excellent luck) for the first time ever! I am sure the year 2011 must be wonderful for me.

※Omikuji are fortunes written on slips of paper. People buy them at shrines and, occasionally, temples. And tie them onto the branches of nearby trees in the hopes that a good fortune will come true or that a bad fortune will be kept away.

I started my job hunting and found it’s pretty hard to find a new job because at this point, I have failed applicant screening and job interviews several times. I am well aware that Japan has been under a recession for a few years, and I read an article that the employment rate of new graduates in 2010 was just 60%...that’s so disappointing. I hope the Japanese sluggish economy will be recovered in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment