Thursday, June 24, 2010

Graffiti in Melbourne


Melbourne has a lot of Graffiti. This is one of the surprising things for me! You can see variety of types of Graffiti which are painted on the walls of alleyways. Some of them look like real art, others are hard to understand…..for me.

Actually, Graffiti may become part of tourist attractions due to it being eye-catching, attention-grabbing and unique. At the same time, it can be vandalism because it destroys public property.

When I took a train in Melbourne for the first time, I was shocked and scared as a world of Graffiti was painted with some swear words on the walls and the windows. I have no clue about who could do such an awful thing… In Japan, I have never seen any graffiti inside public transportations.

I think that Graffiti can be art only if it is painted on permitted places and people enjoy looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment