Sunday, June 6, 2010

My favorite place -St.Kilda


I went to St.Kilda with my friend the other day. St Kilda is a famous place known for the beauty of its beach. It is located close to the city, about 20 minutes by tram.

When I saw the beach for the first time, I was very impressed because it was breathtakingly beautiful! We walked on the sandy beach a little bit and then sat down to have meat pies and hot chocolate that we had bought at a bakery along the way. I could definitely relax with this beautiful scenery and delicious lunch!

There are a lot of nice cafés, restaurants and lovely bakeries along the beach. Every bakery displays a large amount of bread in the window! Amazing!!!

It is said that penguins show up at the pier at night. I missed the chance to see penguins because I went there in the morning. Next time, I want to go there at night.

I would say that St.Kilda is one of my favorite places in Melbourne !

2 comments:

  1. U seem really enjoy in MEL!
    Is it chilly now?
    I think winter season is coming soon in Australia,
    but I've been to Australia for sightseeing, and I'm not sure how's Australian winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Mari-chan

    Thank you for your comment!

    It has been getting cold these days, I can tell winter is on the way. And the weather in Melbourne is unstable, so I always wonder what to wear in the morning.

    ReplyDelete